Who wants FAB recipes from 20+ authors and the chance to WIN a $300 Gift Card for Amazon, B&N or iTunes?
That’s right, my agent and her team have put together a fun author/blog hop, to help you get to know each of us better. Which means (follow the information at the end of the post), you need to leave a comment on their site/page, rather than here to be entered to win the $300 Gift card.
BUT–comments are welcome here, too, where I’ll be giving away my own $25 Amazon gift card AND your choice of a digital copy of one of my #1 Best-selling Mimosa Lane novels!
Just tell us here on the blog what’s your favorite handed down through the generations recipe that you make again and again… And then hop over to Three Seas (link below) to be entered in their fab drawing…
Which means you have a chance to win $350 total, just by playing here and there.
I’m sharing my grandmother’s super simple but AMAZING Coconut Pie Recipe.
And there’s so much more goodness for you to explore.
- Dive in.
- Let me know if you have any questions about the pie (it’s a “farm” recipe passed down in my family for generations, so don’t let the simple fool you, it’s one of the best things you’ve ever eaten).
- Leave a comment below about YOUR favorite handed-down recipe, for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
- Visit Three Seas Literary’s link below for all the info you need about the Receipe hop and promotion/giveaway AND to leave comments to be entered in the drawing for the $300 gift card.
- Enjoy getting to know better a few authors you might already know a little or are just discovering!
- Oh, and stay tuned for the winners!
Grandma’s Farm Coconut Pie
This a very simple, by-hand recipe that is more about the cooking than the mixing.
It takes no time to throw it together but around an hour to cook, depending on your oven.
It’s best to put the pie pan on a baking pan that will catch anything that might spill as you put the pie in the oven (the uncooked pie is liquidy).
Don’t be impatient. Cook until the top and crust are golden brown. But don’t over-cook (the pie is supposed to be soft inside, crunchy on the top, YUMMY!)
You’ll know it’s done when the coconut on top start to look toasted. You won’t believe how GOOD it is. My grandmother always made an extra for my husband to take home with him each time he visited. BTW, it’s just as easy to make two at a time as one, so you might wanna follow Grandma’s lead and double book ;o)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 heaping cup raw, shredded Coconut
- 1 frozen/prepared pie crust (bottom only)
- 1 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix/sift sugar and flour in separate bowl
- Add salt and mix well
- In large mixing bowl, Beat eggs by hand until yolks are broken and mixed well with whites. Do not over beat.
- Add milk and butter
- Add sugar/flour/salt mixture and Stir well by hand. Do not over mix.
- Add coconut and fold until well incorporated. Be sure to avoid clumps of coconut in the mix.
- Pour into pie crust until just below the edge of the crust.
- Bake until pie is set and top is golden brown (entire surface of the pie should be golden, and the coconut on top should appear toasted). Do not over bake or the inside of the pie will dry out. NOTE: The pie will rise as it bakes, and settle as it cools.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack that allows circulation beneath the pie. Allow to set (10 minutes or so) before serving. Can also be served cold.
Recipe Hop Contest Details
Here’s all you need to know about the Three Seas Lit giveaway (remember to leave your comments here on my blog, to be in the running for the $25 Gift Certificate only). Link over to Three Seas to discover more authors, recipes and to comment to be in the running for $300 to spend any way you link on Amazon, B&N or iTunes!
Enjoy all the goodies and chances to win!
From Three Seas Literary…
Thanks for visiting my site! I hope you enjoy sharing my recipe with your family and friends. Please feel free to share stories and comments here on my site – I would love to hear from you. And comments here will put you in the running for my $25 Amazon Gift Card and Mimosa Lane novel giveaway.
However, comments left here will not constitute an entry to the ($300) 3 Seas Recipe Holiday Contest.
In order to enter the contest for your chance to win a $300 gift card to Amazon, B&N or iTunes, be sure to enter my name and my recipe name into the official contest form on the 3 Seas Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/3-Seas-Literary-Agency/75205869856?sk=app_228910107186452.
If you have any questions about the promotion, please contact Kurt at email@example.com. Thanks for participating, and good luck!